Friday, October 10, 2008

Date Night

Yesterday afternoon, on my way home from work, I was pleasantly surprised by a phone call from my husband who told me that he was on HIS way home from work.  This was the surprising part (not the phone call part - we do that quite often!)   - that he would be on his way home at 4:00 in the afternoon!  When I asked him what was bringing him home so early, he answered that it was because he wanted to take his wife out on a date!  This was very nice to hear!!  Over the summer we had tried to have a date night at least once a week, but once school started it had become a little harder to do.  So coming home yesterday to my husband was such a very nice surprise!!
We ended up driving down into Jacksonville and getting a quick bite to eat.  Then, we had a little extra time to kill before the movie and decided to spend it in one of my husband's favorite stores - Best Buy.=)  After that we drove to the movie, got our tickets, popcorn and pop and made our way into the movie theater.  We ended up seeing the movie Fireproof.  If you haven't heard of it, please check it out at Fireproof.com.  Both of us had wanted to see this movie for a little while so we were happy to get the chance to see it last night.  And I have to tell you that it didn't disappoint.  I am not one to advocate for a movie, but this movie is definitely one that I highly recommend.  No matter where you are in your marriage (or relationship), this is one worth seeing!  It was a very encouraging, uplifting movie.  And the message stayed true.  I really enjoyed it (so did Frank).  It was a great reminder of Who is the ultimate example of love (But God demonstrates his own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8) and Who is the One that truly sustains marriages.  Like I said, I really liked the movie!=)  
After the movie, Frank took me to Starbucks for a quick cup of coffee and then, unfortunately, it was time to head home (After all, Frank and I both had to get up for work this morning!)!  
We had a great time out and about together last night.  It was just a wonderful time of being together!  Thank you for letting me share it with you!!

2 comments:

Chris Reinolds said...

hooooowww sweet! That is a good hubby.

PletcherFamily said...

Very sweet you guys! We are very jealous! That sounds so great!
That movie sounds wonderful! I have never heard of it - I am going to have to put that one on our list!
Glad you had fun!
Miss you!