Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Frank and I spent a nice Saturday and Sunday in Tampa, FL last weekend!  It was a nice little getaway and gave us a nice chance to forget about everything back at home!=)  We left early Saturday morning and made it to the small town of San Antonio around noon.  Frank took me to a Mexican Restaurant for lunch that he and his friends had gone to a lot during his 2 years spent at USF (University of South Florida).  It was a nice little place and it was great to see a piece of Frank's history!  I took a couple of pictures of the restaurant (Much to Frank's dismay!), we looked around the town a little bit longer and then we headed on into Tampa. Once we got to Tampa, Frank drove me through the USF campus (well, as much as was possible, anyway - that campus is HUGE!) and showed me where, sniff, sniff, his dorm used to be (they have since torn them down and replaced them with sorority houses).  Again, much to his dismay, I took several pictures!=)  I think Frank found it hard to believe that I actually enjoyed seeing all of his old hangouts and school, but I really did!!  It was a lot of fun!!=) 
After seeing the campus, Frank and I checked in to our hotel and just rested up a bit.  After that we hit the streets on Channelside Drive!  Basically we just walked around for about 10 minutes or so and then got back to the car (there wasn't much to see down there).  We then headed to a town next to Tampa called Ybor (pronounced E-bore) City.  I was able to see one of the game places that Frank and his friends used to hang out at during their school days!  Again, I was loving the history!!=)  
By this time we were pretty hungry so we decided to travel down one of the main roads right outside of downtown.  We ended up finding a pretty nice place to eat and thankfully we made it into the restaurant right before it downpoured!!  While it rained outside, we had a nice dinner inside!!=)  After dinner, we tried to find somewhere to eat for dessert (to no avail) and instead found the Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium (Yes, I had to take a picture!).  Then it was back to the hotel for the night!
In the morning we grabbed some breakfast, drove past Busch Gardens and headed home.  It was really nice to get away and even better to spend the weekend with just each other!  It's getting harder and harder to get away like that and we truly enjoy each opportunity we have to do so!!  Enjoy a couple of pictures from our getaway!=)


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

mpletcher said...

Hey Teen. You need to put bigger pictures on the blog. I can't tell what the pictures are of at this size.