Saturday, July 19, 2008

PA Time

Okay, everybody, I finally have time to sit down and write about my trips these past 2 weeks! I am hoping to attach some pictures to the bottom of these posts as well. Since I spent time in two different places, I'll be posting 2 separate accounts. I hope this is okay and I hope it helps lessen any confusion there may be!! Alright, now on to the vacations!!!

I had a great time in PA with my family! I slept in, visited with my parents, spent some time with my grandma and even caught up on my favorite shows!=) Here's the rundown of my week:

Monday: Dinner at Grandma's (yummy chicken, noodles, mashed potatoes, bread and for dessert. . . peanut butter pie! Yummm!!)
Tuesday: Dinner at Don Pablo's and then off to see Mame the musical at the Benedum in downtown Pittsburgh!
Wednesday: Tea with Mom, Sandhill Berries and then off to Connellsville for the John Woodruff 5K walk/run (I did not come in first!).
Thursday: Dinner out with Grandma (We went to a place called Grille 31 in Mt. Pleasant. It was pretty good. The only downside, as Dad would say, was the lousy atmosphere.).
Friday: A run to my old elementary school (Mom needed to drop some things off), iced coffee from McDonald's (really good!), and then a stop at the Pie Shoppe in Donegal for some really good cinnamon rolls and monkey tails. That evening we also went to a Pittsburgh Pirates game. All I have to say is that at least we got a nice fireworks display after the game!!=)
Saturday: DRAFT DAY!!! This morning we completed our draft for our family's upcoming fantasy football season. Everyone was on a Skype conference call (with the exception of Jess and Tom) and we successfully completed our draft in 2 1/2 hours. Yes, folks, it's that serious!!=) Then it was off to the airport for me!!

All in all, it was a great time! I am learning to take advantage of every opportunity to spend extra time with my family. You never know when it could be your last! And I am very thankful that I have a husband who is very understanding of this! It is always rough to be away from him, but it is nice to have him to look forward to coming home to!!=) The Lord has given me much to be thankful for. I am very blessed indeed!! I hope you all enjoy the pictures!!

No comments: