Monday, July 7, 2008

Home

I have made it to sunny PA!  It was a pretty uneventful trip, but a good one.  We did end up stopping in West Virginia Saturday night to help break up the long drive.  I have to admit that as anxious as I was to be done with the traveling, it was nice to stop.  My dad was even able to watch his NASCAR race that evening!=)
We ended up arriving at my parents' home around midday on Sunday and spent the rest of the day just relaxing and unpacking.  I am officially set up in the guest room for the week.  I am looking forward to spending some extra time with my parents this week as well as with my aunt and grandmother.  I miss my husband something fierce, but I know that he is doing well.  He is working hard and getting to spend some extra time with our niece and nephew.  I am sure that he is enjoying his time with them!=)
This week should be quite busy!  My mom has scheduled quite a few fun things to do!  We are going to see Mame tomorrow in Pittsburgh, walking in a 5K race on Wednesday, visiting my younger sister on Thursday and going to a Pirates game on Friday!  Then Saturday is our big draft for our family's fantasy football league.  All of these things should make the week go by rather quickly!  I'm sure that Saturday will be here before I know it!=)

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I am glad you arrived safe! I am sure you are going to have fun - you have a full week planned. Can't wait to see pictures of your time there!
Have fun and have a safe trip to Washington. Before you know it, you will be back in Florida!