Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation Time!!

Yes, folks, last week was vacation time! And not just any vacation time - it was Lake Norman vacation time! This vacation is becoming something of a tradition for my family. You see, every 2 years my parents rent a house along the lake and my WHOLE family (yes, everyone - I believe we are up to 19 total - counting spouses and children) comes up (or down) for the week. It is a time I look forward to every 2 years. No matter what's going on in our lives, it seems as though everyone puts aside this one week to be together. I absolutely love this time!!
We had such beautiful weather this year! Only one morning of drizzle and that was it. No matter how cloudy the day would start, by mid morning the sun would break through and it would turn into a gorgeous day!! Most of our days were spent relaxing by the lake, swimming in the lake, riding a pontoon boat, riding jet skis (This I was unfortunately not allowed to do this time since I'm pregnant. I was a little bummed. I LOVE riding the jet skis!! It was fun watching the boys take turns riding a raft and getting pulled by the jet skis. They didn't last very long!), going miniature golfing, visiting a nearby safari, reading on the porch, watching beautiful sunsets and just enjoying being with one another. It was a wonderful week!
One big surprise for us was a surprise baby shower! Saturday evening we were surprised with a cake, decorations and gifts! It was very sweet of my family and they gave us some really cute things!! We also held our annual fantasy football draft during this week and celebrated my mom's retirement.
This week was truly a wonderful time of refreshment and fun!! I hope you enjoy the pictures below!!


3 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

It was so fun. I love the lake time too.

We can't wait to see you guys again!

Heather Hicks said...

It looks like you guys had a LOT of fun! Glad you got to have time with the whole family. :)

Jenn said...

How sweet! The bumbo is an amazing thing!