Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh happiness!

About a month ago, Frank and I made a really big decision. We decided that at the end of my school's summer camp I would resign and become a full time, stay at home mom.

This decision brought a few different emotions along with it - some good, some not so good. We were a little hesitant to make this decision. It meant we were going to have to make some changes - none really major, but we had gotten used to living a certain way and now knew that this was going to have to change. Plus, I must admit, a little bit of fear with the thought of voluntarily giving up a regular paycheck. But . . . .

Frank and I had discussed early on in our marriage that if the Lord ever blessed us with children that we would make every effort possible to keep me home with them. So this might mean not eating out as often as we usually do or not buying the newest electronic trend (cough. cough. Frank.) or not buying a shirt at Target just because it's cute (cough. cough. Teen.). And that's okay. Because the payoff far outweighs anything else! :)

I know not everyone is able to do this. I understand that and appreciate it. I also know there are some wonderful places out there that love and take care of the children of those parents who aren't able to stay home. But for us, this is what I'm meant to do. I want to be the first face my baby sees when she wakes up. I want to be the one holding her when she's fussy. I want to play with her on the floor, watch her spit her food out at lunch time, roll around the floor, babble like she's got so much to tell, laugh at absolutely nothing and just be there for her. Our little girl is an absolute joy to both Frank and I - we are so thankful that the Lord is allowing us to do this at this time. I would love to be able to stay home for as long as possible - but for now I am enjoying the time I'm given with my baby. :) What is my prevailing emotion now? Happiness!! :)



Photobucket

"You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth."
Deuteronomy 11: 19 - 21

1 comment:

Heather Hicks said...

Great post - so happy for you!! :) Cute picture too. The outfit looks really cute on her.